Denver Metropolitan area Business Tax Lawyers
The Denver Metropolitan area tax attorneys at Underhill Law, P.C. have extensive experience representing businesses and business owners who owe taxes to the IRS or state of Colorado. Whether you are behind in your payroll taxes or are having trouble paying income taxes as they come due, you can turn to our tax lawyers for:
- Effective counsel and representation to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or the state of Colorado
- Advice and assistance in restructuring your business to prevent or resolve its tax problems
- Assistance in stopping bank levies and garnishments
- Dynamic service offerings that empower you to take control of your legal services and your budget.
We Are Ready to Help You Avoid and/or Resolve Business Tax Issues
Call (303) 721-7112 for an appointment
In addition to providing business services and legal representation under traditional hourly rate and contingency fee payment arrangements, we offer innovative LegalPlans that allow business owners to benefit from ongoing legal support, guidance, and solutions at fixed monthly fees.
Effective Solutions for Business Tax Issues
At Underhill Law, P.C., our attorneys can guide and protect you and your business in various tax matters, including (but not limited to):
- Underpayment of payroll or income taxes – Whether the underpayment arises from a miscalculation, a misunderstanding, or a lack of funds, our lawyers can help you work with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to develop favorable resolutions and sometimes avoid the imposition of the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty. We can also help you avoid future underpayment issues.
- Audits conducted by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) – Employees and independent contractors are subject to different tax treatment. There can be severe penalties for treating employees as if they are independent contractors. CDLE is aggressively auditing Colorado businesses to determine whether employees have been misclassified as independent contractors. Our attorneys can help you understand how the state approaches independent contractors, and assist you in documenting your independent contractor relationships to avoid CDLE’s reclassification of your independent contractors to employees. We also provide advocacy and representation for those facing penalties for allegedly underpaying payroll taxes or workers’ compensation premiums as a result of employee misclassification.1
- Tax liens, bank levies, and garnishments – Our attorneys can help you devise an affordable solution to the government’s tax collection efforts, whether that involves an affordable payment plan or another strategy entirely. We will work closely with you to find a solution that will resolve the unpaid taxes while seeking to protect you and your business.
Contact a Denver Metropolitan area Business Tax Attorney at Underhill Law, P.C.
For experienced counsel and representation in any tax matter impacting your business, contact a Denver Metropolitan area business tax attorney at Underhill Law, P.C. by calling (303) 721-7112 for an appointment.
For over 20 years, our skilled attorneys have been focused on solving and preventing business owners’ problems, including business tax collection issues. tour go is to empower business owners and entrepreneurs by helping them:
- Meet their ongoing business needs
- Resolve the problems impacting their business
- Anticipate and avoiding issues that can arise as the business evolves and grows
- Protect the business and position it for optimal success.
We are ready to discuss your situation, explain your options, and help you navigate the road ahead.
From our conveniently-located office in the Denver Tech Center, we provide top-tier legal services and counsel to business owners and entrepreneurs throughout the Denver metro area and the state of Colorado.
1: Additional information about the CLDE Audit Process